[BerkeleyDailyPlanet] Power outage takes Planet offline

Updates from the Berkeley Daily Planet berkeleydailyplanet at lists.sonic.net
Mon Jun 8 21:43:42 PDT 2015

Dear subscribers, or at least the ones who have power,

You won't be able to access the Planet at the moment because there's a
power outage in downtown Berkeley, which I assume is affecting our server
host, LMI.

Receiving this notice is one of the few special benefits Planet subscribers
will ever get!

Here's the Bay City News story:

Jun 8, 2015 - BCN82:BERKELEY: POWER OUTAGE AFFECTING STOPLIGHTS

	   BCN82               -BERKELEY POWER OUTAGE

	   BERKELEY (BCN)
	   A power outage is affecting traffic signals in Berkeley, according
to police.
	   They're reminding drivers to treat intersections with
non-functional stoplights as a four way stop sign. Drivers should stop at the
intersection then proceed with caution, according to police.
	   The Berkeley Police Department is also asking members of the
public not to call 911 for the duration of the power outage unless they are
reporting a crime in progress or experiencing a life-threatening emergency.

	   Dave Brooksher (BCN)

	   CONTACT: Berkeley police (510) 981-5900

Take care in the dark.

Becky O'Malley