[BerkeleyDailyPlanet] Enormous Additions at the Last Minute

Updates from the Berkeley Daily Planet berkeleydailyplanet at lists.sonic.net
Sat Oct 27 19:05:13 PDT 2018

Whew!  With the election upon us, we've gotten many new submissions at the
last minute, all excellent.  They're mostly posted in the "Extra" section,
but they are the sole opinion of the writers, often what we call "Public
Comment". Not, of course, that we don't agree.  They are uniformly
excellent, so do try to read them.

Berkeley Havdalah* Vigil Against Hate
<http://berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2018-10-26/article/47124?headline=Berkeley-Havdalah-Vigil-Against-Hate-->
*10-27-2018*

Statement by Jovanka Beckles on Synagogue Killings in Pittsburgh
<http://berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2018-10-26/article/47131?headline=Statement-by-Jovanka-Beckles-on-Synagogue-Killings-in-Pittsburgh-->
*10-27-2018*

Berkeley's Housing Crisis: An Open Letter to the Berkeley City Council
<http://berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2018-10-26/article/47129?headline=Berkeley-s-Housing-Crisis-An-Open-Letter-to-the-Berkeley-City-Council--Charlene-M.-Woodcock>
*Charlene
M. Woodcock* *10-27-2018*

Police Association Should Not Attack Public Servants
<http://berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2018-10-26/article/47130?headline=Police-Association-Should-Not-Attack-Public-Servants--Negeene-Mosaed>
*Negeene
Mosaed* *10-27-2018*

Berkeley District 1 Endorsement Misplaced
<http://berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2018-10-26/article/47132?headline=Berkeley-District-1-Endorsement-Misplaced---Jeffrey-J.-Carter-Attorney-at-law>
*
Jeffrey J. Carter, Attorney at law* *10-27-2018*

Tony Thurmond Attacked by Fraudulent Report from Tuck Campaign
<http://berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2018-10-26/article/47128?headline=Tony-Thurmond-Attacked-by-Fraudulent-Report-from-Tuck-Campaign--Glen-Kohler>
*Glen
Kohler* *10-27-2018*

Campaign Finance Charges in Berkeley District 8
<http://berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2018-10-26/article/47126?headline=Campaign-Finance-Charges-in-Berkeley-District-8--Russ-Tilleman-Candidate-for-Berkeley-City-Counci-District-8>
*Russ
Tilleman, Candidate for Berkeley City Counci, District 8* *10-27-2018*

An Open Letter to the Mayor and City Council Regarding Property of
Low-Income Homeowners
<http://berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2018-10-26/article/47125?headline=An-Open-Letter-to-the-Mayor-and-City-Council-Regarding-Property-of-Low-Income-Homeowners---Mary-Behm-Steinberg-candidate-for-City-Council-in-District-1-co-signed-by-1-Igor-Tregub-also-a-candidate-for-City-Council-in-District-1-Aidan-Hill-Candidate-for-Berkeley-City-Council-District-7-and-Alfred-Twu-Candidate-for-Berkeley-City-Council->
*Mary
Behm-Steinberg, candidate for City Council in District 1, co-signed by 1);
Igor Tregub (also a candidate for City Council in District 1); Aidan Hill
(Candidate for Berkeley City Council District 7) and Alfred Twu (Candidate
for Berkeley City Council * *10-27-2018*

The Berkeley Activist's Calendar, Oct. 28 - Nov. 4
<http://berkeleydailyplanet.com/issue/2018-10-26/article/47127?headline=The-Berkeley-Activist-s-Calendar-Oct.-28---Nov.-4--Kelly-Hammargren-Sustainable-Berkeley-Coalition>
*Kelly
Hammargren, Sustainable Berkeley Coalition* *10-27-2018*