[BerkeleyDailyPlanet] next

Updates from the Berkeley Daily Planet berkeleydailyplanet at lists.sonic.net
Sat Jun 13 22:29:12 PDT 2020

I read the cited article by the person who claims to be a member of the
faculty at the University of California at Berkeley. As an alumna of that
institution, if he (I assume it's a man) really is teaching history there
I'm embarrassed because the quality of the work is so poor. His logic is
pathetic. His prose is turgid. He uses $5 words where simple English would
be better, and several times he uses them incorrectly ("actionable" "ad
hominems"}. In the good old days the conservatives were literate and witty,
but this is just second-rate sulking. Since he's too cowardly to sign his
name I won't bother to debate his easily refuted half-baked ideas. Others
on NextDoor and elsewhere have done a good job of doing so. If he does
teach at Cal, I hope he's correct when he implies that the vast majority of
his colleagues would think he's an idiot. Otherwise I fear that my alma
mater is going seriously downhill.