[HECnet] DECnet Area Router question

Fred fcoffey at thrifty.misernet.net
Sat Jun 5 05:04:08 PDT 2010

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, Robert Armstrong wrote:

It "just works" - CHARON is an AXP, and it does DECnet area routing just fine.   Ignore the documentation that says you can't do it, set your executor type to 'AREA' and that's all you need.

I'm curious to know what would crash my Alpha when I had it set to executor type "area" and when I would try to "set cir tcp-x-y state off" BOOOM.   Crash in NETACP.   I have crash dumps to prove it (this has been both on and off HECNet, despite the fact that I shouldn't be an area router (and no longer am at this point until I move to my own area).

Fred

----
Lets call it for what it is - "legacy" is a term that people use in a
polite but derogatory manner to imply that the future direction they
prefer is not that which they view as the current direction.