[HECnet] MicroVAX 3100 self-test loop

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat Nov 16 10:34:52 PST 2013

Afternoon all,

I can't find manuals for the KA41-A based 3100s, so I am flying completely blind.

When I power on the unit, it behing self tests.   It never seems to stop self testing.   It stays on 0001 1011 for the LEDs and the console repeatedly reports its doing self-tests.   I can't find anything that would tell it to not leave the permanent self-test mode.   I have removed the communications option for testing purposes but I highly doubt that's related to what's causing this.

Is there some obvious switch I am missing that tells this to exit self-test mode?

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff