RSTS/E tapes, was Re: [HECnet] two dumb RSX questions

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Feb 16 19:10:21 PST 2014

On 02/16/2014 10:02 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Comcast:: "You don't qualify to peer with us".
  What did you do to make Comcast mad at you?

Their view of the future is that they talk to themself, facebook,
google and apple.

I do not understand, but they are trying to reduce inbound capacty to
themself as much as possible, thay have all   the content you need
on-net...

That's why I want a non-residential ISP to provide me with service.   I
don't think I'll get that here, though. :(

  I have a non-residential ISP.   I am on Comcast *business*.
Non-throttled, unmetered bandwidth, excellent performance, excellent
stability, static IP addresses (statically-allocated IP addresses...not
just "my IP address hardly ever changes!" crap that a lot of people
think means "static" these days), and the FIRST person that answers the
phone can log into a DNS server and update PTR records for me.

  And Peter's network cannot reach my network.   WTF?