[HECnet] RSX-11 booted!

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat May 24 10:24:40 PDT 2014

On Sat, 24 May 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:

They can't conflict, first one of certain devices is set, rest are
floating?

Well, I was referring to the rules about how to assign CSRs in the floating space.

Assigning them in the floating space is what confuses me. ;)

But yes, for those devices that have a fixed address for the first one, the first one is easy. :-)
(DHVs do not have a fixed address.)

What threw me off was that the DHV11's address in the manual was 22-bit and SYSGEN wanted 18-bit. ;)

(By the way, congrats on getting the machine running.)
Thanks!   I got RSX-11M+ 4.6 on it and I'm doing a SYSGEN there now.   4.6
will be better than 4.3.
I'm fine with half a board less RAM so long as it WORKS.

Indeed.
And 4.6 is better than 4.3

Yup. I even copied the pre-made baseline image so I could get the networking bits easily.   They're on DU2.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects