[HECnet] RSX-11 setback

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed May 21 04:37:20 PDT 2014

Sent from mobile device that advertises itself for no good reason

From: Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net>

I PROBABLY have a PIC around here somewhere...but I don't know where and I
know I DEFINTIELY don't have a crystal of that frequency.

Then you just need a longer loop.

Ahh.

I have an
arduino that I SUPPOSE could be hacked to work.

I'm sure it could -- maybe add a 2N7000 or something as the driver since
I think it's officialy an open-collector line (although I could be wrong and
anyway since it's not shared, it probably doesn't matter much).

Mmm.

Does the bus itself need any special configuration?

I can't think what this would mean.   Just ground the "event" line every
50th/60th and you're golden.   The Q22 mod was surprisingly easy too (since
there were only four slots, with wire-wrap connectors).   If the power supply
hadn't later done what all power supplies eventually do, I'd still be running
that box...

Oh! Ground the "EVENT" line of the bus! Is that brought out through the front panel plug? I imagine it would be...but I know little about this backplane!

I DO have the front
panel with an LTC from the NETCOM I can borrow for awhile (No need for it
until I patch ZRQCH0.

Yeah bringing it in from another box should be OK as long as everyone
agrees about ground reference.

Ah!

John Wilson
D Bit