[HECnet] DECNET for RT-11?

Jerome H. Fine jhfinedp3k at compsys.to
Mon Feb 22 06:44:27 PST 2016

 >On Monday, February 22nd, 2016 at 16:37:15 +0300, Sampsa Laine wrote:

>Does anyone know where one could acquire DECNET for RT-11?

YEP!!  Or at least I am fairly confident that I know where a copy should
be located.

However, at the very least, anyone receiving a copy from that source would,
almost certainly, be required to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they
had a license from DEC or Mentec.  And even then, your first born might
also be required as a suitable consideration.

I can always ask if the answer is important.  If you can describe the
overall
situation, that might help as well.

There might be another source for RT-11  DECNET, but as far as I can
remember, there was no success in the past.

Would the TCP/IP stack that Johnny Billquist has made available for RSX-11
be suitable for RT-11 instead of DECNET?  There is a TCP/IP implementation
that is decades old which is available for RT-11 and maybe TSX-Plus.
Since I
have never had the hardware set up, I have not attempted to check it out.

Jerome Fine