[HECnet] KLH10 halting at random

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 18:03:10 PDT 2020

Do you know what program is displaying those three lines?

I'm unaware of a PANDA distribution that didn't announce itself as a
PANDA distribution in the system banner.   The date and time display is
odd.  Tops-20 native time output has been Y2K compliant since forever.
It's the Tops-10 programs (MACRO, CREF, Etc.), plus Tops-10'ish programs
(GLXLIB, Quasar, Etc.) that needed Y2K patches.

Tops-20 DAP needed a small modification to handle Y2K and to not break RSX.

The Tops-10 system that I use has a number of non-Y2K times, which
surprised me.  While I have had the freedom to remediate, I simply don't
have the time.  But it's jarring.

I also found it interesting that the banner says DEC10 Development; 20's
were sometimes called DEC20's, but never DEC10's (well, 1031 might have
been an exception).

I could have sworn you were showing us something off of a Tops-10 CTY...