<html class="apple-mail-supports-explicit-dark-mode"><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div dir="ltr"><span style="font-size: 22px;">Way, No Way</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">Ice-silvered boulder, bristling grey.</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">I whisper,</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">Lend me one sliver of</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">Your self</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">So that I am still,</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">Immovable,</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">Quiet. Strong.</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">Silver-ridged maple,</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">My fingers brush your bark,</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">And I ask,</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">Teach me your secret life within,</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">So that I too can reach for the sun</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">and stand in the knuckled grip of the earth.</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">I know that</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">In the fierce dance of the first moments,</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">We were brothers.</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">But I seem to have lost my way.</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">Shh ... while I listen for a whisper.</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><br style="font-size: 22px;"><span style="font-size: 22px;">Perhaps the secret is there.</span><br style="font-size: 22px;"><div style="font-size: 22px;"><br></div><div style="font-size: 22px;"><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>- James McCoy</div></div></body></html>