[Pollinator] Re: A rosy view of climate change and butterflies

Matthew Shepherd (Xerces Society) mdshepherd at xerces.org
Wed Dec 14 10:07:57 PST 2005

After sending out the brief email yesterday (see below) about the article from CO2 Science, I've had several responses from people concerned that I might be supporting the opinions expressed in the article. I sent the email in what I hoped was a tongue-in-cheek style, but even some people who know me well didn't catch that when they saw the message. Comments lose their subtlety when typed; humor doesn't travel well by email. My comments, intended to be ironic, could well be read as being supportive of the views expressed in the article.

To be plain, I do not support the opinions of CO2 Science. Neither does the Xerces Society.

Sorry if I caused confusion. I hope that this email will clear away any concerns or misunderstandings.

Matthew