[Pollinator] Martha Stewart talks Pollinators on her Monday, April 24 program

David Mizejewski Mizejewski at nwf.org
Fri Apr 21 11:40:42 PDT 2006

The segment on pollinators went very well.  Big thanks to Laurie and
Paul for spearheading the effort to get this major media exposure for
pollinators!

These types of segments go by VERY quickly and you really can only ever
so briefly touch on the issues.  I wish I had 10 more minutes to talk
with Martha - but that is the nature of TV, short and sweet.  We covered
the important role pollinators play in food production, the threats to
pollinators and what people can do to help them, and finished by talking
about pollinator-attracting plants that average people can plant in
their yards and gardens.

Martha ended with a big plug for NAPPC, which she mentioned by name in
her closing script for the segment.

I then did a second segment on bluebirds, which also went well.  The
episode will air on Monday, May 24th.  I was invited back to appear in
May to do a segment on kids and bugs, so wish me luck!

David

NWF's mission is to inspire Americans to protect wildlife for our
children's future.

David Mizejewski - Senior Manager Habitat Education Programs and Host
of Animal Planet's "Backyard Habitat"
Phone: 703-438-6499  |  Fax: 703-438-6468 | mizejewski at nwf.org
National Wildlife Federation
11100 Wildlife Center Drive
Reston, VA 20190
www.nwf.org

>>> <Ladadams at aol.com> 4/21/2006 1:22 PM >>>

Please forward this to all friends of Pollinators!

Martha Stewart welcomes NWF's Backyard Wildlife Habitat manager David
Mizejewski to her show on attracting butterflies, bees and bluebirds on
Monday, April 24, 2006. Martha Stewart Living Television can be seen on
the ABC television network weekday mornings. Check your local listings
for times. It can also be seen on the Style Network weekdays at 12:00,
5:00, 8:00 and 11:00 p.m.
Please send a letter to the Martha Show to THANK her/them for
highlighting the importance of pollinators.  Mention that you would love
to see more segments on pollinators and what people can do to promote
them.

Write to Martha Stewart on the television website at:
http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml?type=learn-cat&id=cat20269

Check out more information at www.nwf.org

Laurie Davies Adams
Executive Director
Coevolution Institute
423 Washington St. 5th
San Francisco, CA 94111
415 362 1137
www.coevolution.org
www.nappc.org

Our future flies on the wings of pollinators.