[Pollinator] Job posting: Pollinator Monitoring and Outreach Coordinator

Mace Vaughan mace at xerces.org
Tue Aug 15 10:13:16 PDT 2006

The Xerces Society, University of California, Berkeley, and California
Audubon have just implemented a project entitled Restoring Pollination
Function on Farms and Ranches in California's Central Valley: Promoting
Agricultural Sustainability Through Innovations in Pollinator Conservation
Practice. Through this project we will field test research-based
restoration protocols specifically designed to increase the ability of
conservation buffers and other conservation measures to support and/or
increase the available wild native pollinators for adjacent crop lands. We
will restore floral and nesting resources on farms in Yolo and Solano
counties, monitor the impacts on pollinator communities and pollination
function, and educate growers and agricultural professionals in
California's Central Valley about pollinator conservation techniques.

We are looking for motivated and knowledgeable applicants for a Monitoring
and Outreach Coordinator position to help implement this project.  If you
are interested in learning more about this position, please see the
attached job description or visit our website www.xerces.org.  And, please
forward this announcement to those whom you think might be interested.

Warm regards,
Mace Vaughan