[Pollinator] Volunteer and butterfly training opportunity in Peru

Kimberly Winter nappcoordinator at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 31 09:47:42 PST 2006

>From ProNaturaleza in Peru:

My name is Maria Gracia Moran and I represent "ProNaturaleza" - a Peruvian
Foundation for the Conservation of Nature, one of the most active and
prominent
conservation NGOs in Peru (South America), and member of the IUCN.

We have wide and historic experience (since 1984) in the protection and
sustainable use of Peruvian natural resources, especially in Amazon
ecosystems
and natural protected areas. We have personnel and on-site facilities in
several
areas of ecological importance nationwide. Therefore, we are currently
offering
a series of options to become a Conservation Volunteer in our field projects
throughout Peru.

More information (in English) about our Conservation Volunteer Program can
be
found at our web site, in the following link:

	            http://www.pronaturaleza.org/english/volunteer.htm

One of these is the Butterfly Conservation Volunteer Program that we are
offering, for the first time ever, at ProNaturalezas Butterfly Conservation
Center "Japipi", located in the southern Peruvian rainforest, near Puerto
Maldonado and two natural protected areas of significant biodiversity
importance: Tambopata National Reserve and Bahuaja Sonene National Park.

Volunteers will be trained by our staff to perform their daily duties,
learning
how to find caterpillars and their feeding plants in the wild and how to
raise
butterflies, take part in butterfly research studies and in local
environmental
education programs.

Volunteer packages may last from 1 week up to 3 months; including
personalized
training, field manuals, excursions; and in case of longer packages even
field
trips to the surrounding natural protected areas.

More information about our Butterfly Conservation Volunteer Program at:

	            http://www.pronaturaleza.org/english/vol_butterfly_prog.htm

Information about volunteer packages and costs at:

	http://www.pronaturaleza.org/english/vol_butterfly_join.htm

It is important to note that 100% of these donations go to underwrite the
costs
of the volunteers' participation and to support the conservation activities
of
ProNaturaleza.

We would be very grateful if you could help us to promote these
opportunities
to get involved in the conservation of Peruvian butterflies. If you are
interested to participate or require more information please write me to:
volunteers at pronaturaleza.org

Thank you very much for your interest

Yours sincerely,

	Maria Gracia Moran