[Pollinator] Hilton Pond 05/22/06 (Anglepod Pollinators)

RESEARCH Hilton Pond research at hiltonpond.org
Mon Jun 5 17:57:25 PDT 2006

We came across a new vine at Hilton Pond Center this week--an unusual
relative of milkweed called "Anglepod." What was also unusual was the
kinds of pollinators this native flower was attracting, and how it
was attracting them.

For a photo essay about Anglepod and its pollinators, please visit
the 22-31 May 2006 installment of "This Week at Hilton Pond" at
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek060522.html

We also have good news to report: We finally banded our first
Ruby-throated Hummingbirds of the year AND recaptured some returns
from previous years. Details about these birds and other bandings and
recaptures for the period are included in this week's account.

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR. Executive Director

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org