[Pollinator] Bee biology reprint available online

Matthew Shepherd (Xerces Society) mdshepherd at xerces.org
Wed Jun 14 15:16:49 PDT 2006

For those of you interested in learning more about native bee biology, I discovered that The Biology and External Morphology of Bees by Stephen, Bohart, & Torchio (1969) is now available online. You can download a PDF (12MB) from Oregon State University library's Oregon Explorer website, http://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/dspace/handle/1957/29.

Although the taxonomy and ID keys may be out-of-date, I think the biology information still gives a good overview of many genera.

Matthew
The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation
Protecting wildlife through science-based advocacy, education,
and conservation projects since 1971. To join the Society, make a
contribution, or read about our work, please visit www.xerces.org.

Matthew Shepherd
Director, Pollinator Conservation Program
4828 SE Hawthorne Boulevard, Portland, OR 97215, USA
Tel: 503-232 6639 Fax: 503-233 6794
Email: mdshepherd at xerces.org