[Pollinator] News from NBII (see pg 4 of newsletter)

Kimberly Winter nappcoordinator at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 31 11:02:45 PST 2006

>From Elizabeth Sellers (NBII):

"Dear Colleagues,

The NBII Pollinators Web site has been migrated to the NBII portal
<http://pollinators.nbii.gov/>.

The underlying technology driving the Web
site is PlumTree portal technology, which will allow us greater
flexibility in serving dynamic content from local and remotely accessed
databases, and provide greater connectivity and consistency among NBII web
sites and those of our partners. We will be working on addition of quality
web content on pollinators over the coming months. If there is a feature,
resource type (e.g. identification guides, image gallery), or subject that
you would like to see covered on or linked to from this web site, or if
you would like to contribute content, please let me know
<esellers at usgs.gov>.

Special Report on Selected Side Events at CBD COP-8 "New Developments in
the International Pollinator Initiative"...
"Providing an outline of the North American Pollinator Initiative and the
North American Pollinator Protection Campaign (NAPPC), Toral
Patel-Weynand, USGS, said that NAPPC's activities include a National
Academy Study which will be published in 2006 with recommendations for
research, monitoring, conservation and restoration, and identification of
gaps."...

Download the PDF of this newsletter from:
<http://www.iisd.ca/biodiv/cop8/enbots/pdf/enbots0903e.pdf>

Best regards, Liz

Elizabeth Sellers
Pollinators <pollinators.nbii.gov>
National Biological Information Infrastructure <www.nbii.gov>
USGS - National Program Office
12201 Sunrise Valley Drive, Mail Stop 302
Reston, VA 20192  USA
Ph 703.648.4385 | Fax 703.648.4224 | esellers at usgs.gov"

~Kim

Kimberly Winter, Ph.D.
International Coordinator
North American Pollinator Protection Campaign
E-mail: NAPPCoordinator at hotmail.com
Internet: www.nappc.org
Ph: (301) 219-7030

Mailing Address: