[Pollinator] Update on pollinators in Backyard Wildlife Habitat programs

Kimberly Winter nappcoordinator at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 10 13:33:58 PDT 2006

Beyond butterflies we've done several episodes that focus
on other pollinators, namely hummingbirds (ruby throated, black-chinned,
Anna's, rufous) and bees (orchard mason bee, western bumble bee, honey
bee).

Please tune in and let me know what you think.  The show is currently
airing weekdays at 9am eastern/pacific.  A third season hasn't yet been
decided upon, but the more viewers and the more feedback will make it
more likely.

I've been saving monarchs in the hopes that we'll get to do another
special that takes us to Mexico this winter and follows up in the spring
here in the states where we'll create a monarch habitat.  Fingers
crossed!

David

NWF's mission is to inspire Americans to protect wildlife for our
children's future.

David Mizejewski - Senior Manager Habitat Education Programs and Host of
Animal Planet's "Backyard Habitat"
Phone: 703-438-6499  |  Fax: 703-438-6468 | mizejewski at nwf.org
National Wildlife Federation
11100 Wildlife Center Drive