[Pollinator] DynaTrap insect killer

Kimberly Winter nappcoordinator at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 25 06:55:00 PDT 2006

Dear NAPPC Partners and Friends:

We have been asked to provide feedback regarding a product that is used to
eliminate mosquitoes and other flying insects.  If you are familiar with
this product and know of its safety or hazard to pollinators, please submit
your comments:

"The product is called DynaTrap, which is an insect eliminator for
mosquitoes and other flying insects. Our concern is that this product may
attract and kill beneficial insects and we want to get thoughts about this
product.  The way that it attracts insects is by the UV light as well as the
CO2 that is generated by the photo-catalysis between the lamps and the TiO2
coat on the interior funnel. The fan then sucks the insects into the
collection chamber where they will dehydrate and die.  Here is the link to
their website http://www.dynasealinc.com/ for more information.

Any feedback you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

I look forward to your reply!

Thank you,
Kenena Montague
Assistant Merchandising Buyer
America's Gardening Resource
Gardener's Supply Company
128 Intervale Road
Burlington, Vermont  05401  USA
Phone: 802-660-3500 ext. 5651
Fax: 802-660-3515
kenenam at gardeners.com
www.gardeners.com"

~Kim

--> Bee Ready for National Pollinator Week:  June 24-30, 2007.  Contact us
for more information at www.pollinator.org <--

Kimberly Winter, Ph.D.
International Coordinator
North American Pollinator Protection Campaign
Internet: www.nappc.org, www.pollinator.org
Ph: (301) 219-7030