[Pollinator] Question about home garden plants and pollinators

Hayes, Jerry hayesg at doacs.state.fl.us
Wed Oct 25 11:57:13 PDT 2006

In regards to Honey Bees Louise it is not that you are not providing
attractive pollen and nectar resources but possibly simply that there
are not as many feral colonies of Honey Bees in your area in spring and
later in the year as there used to be. The feral population of Honey
Bees once so abundant is virtually gone do to introduced parasites
primarily. Keep up what you are doing as it is very valuable to the
Honey Bees that can access your plantings. Take Care Jerry Hayes