[Pollinator] Photos, text, and links to Photos of Bees Needed for Online Guide

Sam Droege sdroege at usgs.gov
Thu Sep 14 09:02:36 PDT 2006

Greetings Everyone:

Our online guides to the Bees of Eastern North America continue to mature,
with all the genera in at least draft form available with the exception of
Sphecodes.  We would like to link, scan, or copy photos, line drawings,
and text  that you might have for any of these groups so that they may be
added to each species' web page.

Such information will greatly enhance the usefulness of the site.  In
particular we would like to get permission to use published and
unpublished species accounts within revisions or other manuscripts that
pertain to the identification and biology of these species.  We ultimately
hope to have most of the literature for each species scanned and loaded on
each site.  Pictures of any kind (pinned or live) would also be
appreciated.

Reviews and suggestions for any of the guides would also be useful.

Anyone wishing to expand and co-author these guides to other geographic
areas would also be welcome.  We are starting to expand some of the guides
throughout North America north of Mexico but it will be quite some time
before that project is finished.

Many thanks.

Links to all our guides are located at:
http://www.discoverlife.org/nh/tx/Insecta/Hymenoptera/Apoidea/#Identification

sam

Sam Droege  Sam_Droege at USGS.GOV
w 301-497-5840 h 301-390-7759 fax 301-497-5624
USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
BARC-EAST, BLDG 308, RM 124 10300 Balt. Ave., Beltsville, MD  20705
Http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov

Two cows
In a marsh,
Mildly munching