[Pollinator] Penn State Lecture on Bees with Diana Cox-Foster Sept. 1

Ladadams at aol.com Ladadams at aol.com
Wed Aug 15 09:16:05 PDT 2007

4. PENN STATE FACULTY TO KICK OFF HOME FOOTBALL LECTURE SERIES SEPT. 1

> Football Saturday mornings at Penn State are more than just
> tailgating. Before heading over to Beaver Stadium, alumni and friends
> can catch a quick breakfast and some food for thought at "Huddle with
> the Faculty," the popular lecture series that begins Sept. 1 at The
> Nittany Lion Inn with a presentation on the mystery of the
> disappearing bees. Diana Cox-Foster, professor of entomology, will
> kick off the free lecture series at 9 a.m. with her Huddle lecture
> entitled "What's the Buzz? The Mystery of the Disappearing Bees."
> Cox-Foster will share some of the cutting-edge research she and other
> scientists are conducting to find the source of the extensive bee
> losses, as well as discuss the important role honeybees play in the
> world and its food production. The rest of the "Huddle with the
> Faculty" lineup features a wide range of topics from a look at the
> evolution and cultural history of skin to the ins and outs of Penn
> State Sports Medicine.
>
> Read the full story at http://live.psu.edu/story/25403

Laurie Davies Adams
Executive Director
Coevolution Institute
423 Washington St. 5th
San Francisco, CA 94111
415 362 1137
LDA at coevolution.org
_http://www.coevolution.org/_ (http://www.coevolution.org/)
_http://www.pollinator.org/_ (http://www.pollinator.org/)
_http://www.nappc.org/_ (http://www.nappc.org/)

Join the Pollinator Partnership to save the bees, bats, butterflies and more!
See _http://www.pollinator.org/_ (http://www.pollinator.org/)  for more
information.

Our future flies on the wings of pollinators.