[Pollinator] Wild Farm Alliance briefing paper: Wild Pollinators: =?us-ascii?Q?Agriculture=92s_Forgotten_Pollinators?=

Matthew Shepherd (Xerces Society) mdshepherd at xerces.org
Tue Feb 13 10:47:51 PST 2007

Jo Ann Baumgartner asked us to forward the following announcement of a new Wild Farm Alliance briefing paper.

We are happy to announce a new Wild Farm Alliance briefing paper Wild Pollinators: Agriculture’s Forgotten Pollinators.

Speaking to farmers, the paper elaborates on how to attract native pollinators, lists pollination-dependent crops and their native bees, has real-world case studies, and gives ten reasons why native pollinators are important to the farm and the wild.

We would appreciate your help in reaching out to make sure Wild Pollinators: Agriculture’s Forgotten Pollinators becomes one more compelling reason for farmers to work with and benefit from wild Nature. Let us know if you would like copies mailed to you for use at meetings and events, in classrooms, and work with policy and the media. We are also interested in co-hosting events about native pollinators on the farm. Please contact us at: info at wildfarmalliance.org

For a single copy of the paper, download it at: http://www.wildfarmalliance.org/resources/wfapollinatorbrief.pdf

We appreciate the assistance from the Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation with this paper.

The Wild Farm Alliance promotes a healthy, viable agriculture that protects and restores wild Nature. We envision ecologically managed farms and ranches that gracefully meld into landscapes that support, if possible, the full range of native species and ecological processes.

Thanks,

Jo Ann Baumgartner
Wild Farm Alliance
PO Box 2570
Watsonville, CA  95077
831-761-8408
831-761-8103 fax
www.wildfarmalliance.org
The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation
The Xerces Society is an international nonprofit organization that
protects the diversity of life through invertebrate conservation. To
join the Society, make a contribution, or read about our work,
please visit www.xerces.org.

Matthew Shepherd
Director, Pollinator Conservation Program
4828 SE Hawthorne Boulevard, Portland, OR 97215, USA
Tel: 503-232 6639 Cell: 503-807 1577 Fax: 503-233 6794
Email: mdshepherd at xerces.org