[Pollinator] Support Pollinator Week, June 24-30, 2007

Jennifer Tsang jt at coevolution.org
Tue Feb 27 15:07:50 PST 2007

Dear All,

We are all abuzz preparing for Pollinator Week June 24-30, 2007.  I am
writing to encourage all of you to participate in planning Pollinator Week
Events, which could include, but are not limited to:

-workshops

-hands on discovery centers

-planting pollinator friendly gardens

-cooking pollinated meals

-coordinate group visits to Botanical Gardens

-pollinator lessons in the classroom

-contests (scavenger hunts for kids)

Please contact Kat McGuire at km at coevolution.org to post your events on
www.pollinator.org <http://www.pollinator.org/> .

Also, the Coevolution Institute has written all 50 United States Governors
asking them to proclaim their own state Pollinator Week, to coincide with
National Pollinator Week, June 24-30, 2007.

Many states do not grant requests made outside of their states.  I urge you
all to write in to your local state Governor's office asking them to
proclaim their own Pollinator Week.  We have already had success with Maine!
A copy of their proclamation can also be found on www.pollinator.org
<http://www.pollinator.org/> .  Please feel free to use/change the attached
letter of request in support of your own state's Pollinator Week.

Please let me know of any correspondence you may have with your respective
states.

Best regards,

Jennifer Tsang
Coevolution Institute <http://coevolution.org>