[Pollinator] Buttonbush Pollinators

Research (Hilton Pond) research at hiltonpond.org
Sat Jul 7 08:24:11 PDT 2007

This year the last week of June was designated by the U.S. Senate as
"National Pollinator Week," so we went out to see some pollination in
action. We came across a stand of Buttonbushes, so that shrub and its
pollinators are the topics for "This Week at Hilton Pond."

For some revealing close-ups of Buttonbush's intricate flowers and
the insects that make them work, please visit our photo essay for
22-30 June 2007 at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek070622.html

As always there's a list of birds banded and recaptured, along with
miscellaneous nature notes. The latter includes links to our
cumulative 26-year bird banding data for June 1982 through June 2007.

Our first "Hummingbird Mornings" event of 2007 will be in High Point
NC on 27-28 July. Details are linked from the photo essay.

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR. Executive Director

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org