[Pollinator] Opportunity to vote for American Express Card Members to Vote for Funding Restoring Our Bee Population Environment & Wildlife Member Project-July 22 Deadline

R. Thomas Van Arsdall tom at vanarsdall.com
Thu Jul 19 08:43:17 PDT 2007

This 'restoring bees' project was nominated by AE member, made first cut
from 100 to 25.   July 22 deadline on votes to cut to final 5 [only 1
funded].

At a minimum this helps raise profile of pollinators.  Takes a couple of
minutes and doesn't cost you any $.

If you're AE card member, you can register & cast your vote.  Go to
http://www.membersproject.com/intro.htm.

Current count for bees project is about 500, about middle of pack.  Top
projects about 2,500.

Will take come from behind effort, but certainly achievable if pollinator
supporters take action and spread the word.

Certainly not the most important action we can take [like support for
strengthening farm bill programs to benefit pollinators/habitat], but
another small step in raising awareness, helping pollinators.

For more info:   <http://www.pollinator.org> www.pollinator.org

R. Thomas (Tom) Van Arsdall, Public Affairs Representative for Coevolution
Institute/NAPPC

   Van Arsdall & Associates

   13605 McLane Place

   Fredericksburg, VA  22407-2344