[Pollinator] NC-FAR "Lunch~N~Learn" [Chick-Fil-A Meal] POLLINATOR Seminar, Monday, June 25, 12:30-1:25 1302 LHOB. "THE BIRDS & THE BEES & THE GNP, How Pollinator Decline May Affect the U.S." RSVP Requested by c.o.b. Friday, June 22

R. Thomas Van Arsdall tom at vanarsdall.com
Tue Jun 19 22:56:55 PDT 2007

Dear Pollinator Supporter.  I am pleased to "cross-pollinate" with another
client coalition.  We invite you to join us for a "Lunch~N~Learn" Seminar on
Monday, June 25, 12:30-1:25 in 1302 LHOB.  A Chick Fil-A meal will be
provided.

Your RSVP is requested by c.o.b. Friday, June 22 to ensure we order
sufficient food.  Simply REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL (or tom at vanarsdall.com).

The National Coalition for Food & Agricultural Research (National C-FAR) is
pleased to host this seminar to help launch National Pollinator Week, June
24-30.

Feel free to share this invitation with your colleagues.

ABSTRACT:  Dr. Berenbaum will discuss, pollinator decline as one form of
global change that has real potential for profoundly altering the shape and
structure of the terrestrial world. Over 3/4 of all flowering plants,
including more than 100 crop plants in the U.S., rely on animal pollinators
to survive and reproduce.  Over the past decade, evidence pointing to a
pollinator crisis has accumulated; and the public has begun to take notice.
The National Research Council tackled this issue at the request of the U.S.
Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Geological Survey and commissioned a
committee to assess the status of pollinators in North America.  The
conclusions reached by the committee and presented in their report provide
compelling evidence that America's birds, bats, bees, and butterflies can no
longer be taken for granted and that pollination is not a free and limitless
ecosystem service

More information about National C-FAR and the hill seminar series can be
found at http://www.ncfar.org.

Sincerely,

     R. Thomas (Tom) Van Arsdall, National C-FAR Executive Director
     Van Arsdall & Associates Inc.
     Ph:  540-785-0949          Mobile:  703-509-4746