[Pollinator] Colorado Pollinator Week

David Inouye inouye at umd.edu
Sat Jun 23 07:36:07 PDT 2007

Governor Bill Ritter, Jr., has proclaimed 24-30 June 2007 as Colorado
Pollinator Week.

Whereas, natural pollinators such as birds and insects are vital to
the cycle of life, pollinating the plants that are essential to our
food supply; and

Whereas, the environment relies primarily on pollination, as our
forests, grasslands, and other natural habitats are formed to due
pollination and produce many of the natural products we depend on; and

Whereas, pollinator species create the necessary conditions to
maintain healthy, biodiverse ecosystems; and

Whereas, pollination has far-reaching effects, starting the process
that leads to many of the fundamental basics we take for granted -
oxygen, economic activity, wildlife, home improvement; and

Whereas, the State of Colorado recognizes pollinators as essential to
the health and happiness of Coloradans, and appreciates the natural
beauty that pollinators have created in our great state;

Therefore, I Bill Ritter, Jr., Governor of the State of Colorado, do
hereby proclaim Jun 24-30, 2007,

POLLINATOR WEEK

in the State of Colorado.

Given under my hand and the Executive Seal of the State of Colorado,
this eighteenth day of June, 2007.

Bill Ritter, Jr.
Governor