[Pollinator] Other bees?

stephen goodwin mands at ceinternet.com.au
Fri Mar 9 14:55:56 PST 2007

I am curious why no mention is being made of other bees possibly affected by 'colony collapse disorder' in honeybees, or have I missed something. On the list of suspects are certain classes of new chemistry pesticides. Questions have been raised in several countries about imidacloprid, for example, and there are now other related products which have both broad acre and home garden use. Bumblebees are known to be affected, presumably other native bees would be also. Someone must surely be monitoring these? If they are not affected, that would narrow the list of suspects, I would presume.

Marilyn Steiner
Biocontrol Solutions
Mangrove Mountain,
NSW