[Pollinator] Recent review of pesticide toxicity to bees?

Matthew Shepherd (Xerces Society) mdshepherd at xerces.org
Mon Mar 26 15:09:48 PDT 2007

The OSU publication that Dewey referred to is:
Riedl, H., E. Johansen, L. Brewer, and J. Barbour. 2006. How to Reduce Bee Poisoning from Pesticides. Pacific Northwest Extension Publication 591. Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR.

It's available online at http://extension.oregonstate.edu/catalog/pdf/pnw/pnw591.pdf.

I'm not sure if the pesticide lists have been updated from the previous edition, but the text certainly has. It's a good publication if anyone is interested in this issue.

Matthew

On 3/26/2007 at 12:42 PM dmcaron at UDel.Edu wrote:

>There is a review of sublethal effects on Honey Bees - It was in most
>recent ANNUAL REVIEW OF ENTOMOLOGY 2007. with the title (Sublethal effects
>of pesticides on benefical arthropods).
>There is a recent update of pesticides and honey bees from Oregon State
>University (A PNW joint publication).
>Dewey M. Caron
The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation
The Xerces Society is an international nonprofit organization that
protects the diversity of life through invertebrate conservation. To
join the Society, make a contribution, or read about our work,
please visit www.xerces.org.

Matthew Shepherd
Director, Pollinator Conservation Program
4828 SE Hawthorne Boulevard, Portland, OR 97215, USA
Tel: 503-232 6639 Cell: 503-807 1577 Fax: 503-233 6794
Email: mdshepherd at xerces.org