[Pollinator] KCBS - CCD Coverage

Ladadams at aol.com Ladadams at aol.com
Thu Mar 29 14:58:16 PDT 2007

Beekeepers Are Buzzing with Colony Quandary

WASHINGTON (KCBS)  -- It's a mystery: what's killing honey bees by the
millions? Beekeepers want Congress to get involved.
"This winter beekeepers throughout much of the country are experiencing from
25 to more than 75% colony mortality," warned Los Banos resident Gene Brandi,
who heads the California Beekeepers Association.
Brandi and others testified today before a House Agriculture subcommittee
that more money is needed to solve the mysterious coast-to-coast colony problem.
"Currently I have 1,900 hives of bees left of the original 4,300," said
Brandi.
Dr. Diana Cox-Foster of Pennsylvania State University theorized the deaths
could be linked to water pollution, pesticides or a mite.

Laurie Davies Adams
Executive Director
Coevolution Institute
423 Washington St. 5th
San Francisco, CA 94111
415 362 1137
LDA at coevolution.org
_http://www.coevolution.org/_ (http://www.coevolution.org/)
_http://www.pollinator.org/_ (http://www.pollinator.org/)
_http://www.nappc.org/_ (http://www.nappc.org/)

Bee Ready for National Pollinator Week:  June 24-30, 2007.  Contact us
for more information at www.pollinator.org

Our future flies on the wings of pollinators.