[Pollinator] Opportunity to Nominate Farmer-Rancher Who Practices Pollinator Stewardship for AFT Steward of the Land Award

R. Thomas Van Arsdall tom at vanarsdall.com
Sat Oct 6 12:41:27 PDT 2007

ACTION OPPORTUNITY:
. Nominate Farmer or Rancher for "AFT Steward of the Land Award" who
combines exceptional native/managed pollinator stewardship with "actions to
halt the loss of productive farmland and promoting practices that sustain a
healthy environment."
. Award sponsored by American Farmland Trust.
. $10,000 annual prize.
. Award description at
http://action.farmland.org/site/R?i=0srg-aorMNFjDr2vqD_TuA
. Nomination form at
http://action.farmland.org/site/R?i=5sbUPtdcgf5BGnOHsapgSA.
. Nominations due December 3, 2007.

Think of this as an opportunity to "pollinate" a significant existing
stewardship award program to help raise pollinator awareness and recognize
outstanding pollinator stewardship efforts!

AFT request for assistance repeated below.

R. Thomas (Tom) Van Arsdall, Public Affairs Representative for Coevolution
Institute/Pollinator Partnership/NAPPC

*****
Good afternoon--
I'd love your help in spreading the word! Please feel free to disseminate to
your affiliates and allies:
Nominate an Extraordinary Farmer or Rancher for Our $10,000 Award AFT is now
accepting nominations for our 2008 Steward of the Land Award
<http://action.farmland.org/site/R?i=0srg-aorMNFjDr2vqD_TuA.>. The annual
$10,000 prize honors farmers and ranchers who best exemplify AFT's mission
of halting the loss of productive farmland and promoting farming practices
that sustain a healthy environment. "AFT's Steward of the Land Award winners
have shown by example the many different ways that farmers and ranchers can
be successful in agriculture and still be in harmony with the land," says
AFT President Ralph Grossi. Nomination forms can be completed online
<http://action.farmland.org/site/R?i=5sbUPtdcgf5BGnOHsapgSA..> or printed
out and mailed to AFT's national office in D.C. before Monday, December 3,
2007. We look forward to hearing from you and may the best steward win!
Here is the affiliated press release:
 <<092707nrSOTLnom.doc>>

Thanks,
Jennifer Morrill