[Pollinator] Pollinator Conference in the East - Information in Action Requests Input

Ladadams at aol.com Ladadams at aol.com
Fri Aug 15 17:32:27 PDT 2008

Dear Pollinator LISTSERV:

The information below is from the organizers of Pollinator  Conference:
Information in Action which is designed for the  general public and interested
stakeholders, focuses on pollinator information  and action on the East Coast and
is to be held in October 3 and 4 at the  UMASS Center
(_http://www.millersriver.net/pollen/_ (http://www.millersriver.net/pollen/) ).   The organizers wish
to send a request to the LISTSERV for input.

To avoid any confusion we wish to clarify that THIS IS NOT THE SAME
CONFERENCE as the 8th  Annual NAPPC International Pollinator  Conference to be held in
Washington a the US Department of State on  October 22-24.  the NAPPC
Conference is our annual session for NAPCP  partners and invited guests, and focuses
on pollinator issues across the  US, Mexico and Canada, and in the Americas.

Thanks.  Please let us know if this is still unclear.
Laurie

Greetings,

We are looking for input from our planning  group on both topics and speakers
by August 20.  Please email us your  input to enable us to firm up the
conference agenda and confirm with speakers.

The topics below were developed from our stated objectives for the
Conference:

Current status of pollinators and the best  information about reasons for
being concerned

Current  research methods, including existing protocols and tools such as
field guides  and keys

Ongoing research and research  results

Land management and landscaping  practices  that will sustain pollinators,
based on the most current  knowledge

A presentation on outreach tools currently  available, future plans and
avenues for outreach and education

The next steps in pollinator conservation

We need your  assistance in finding additional speakers who will help us
achieve these  conference objectives.

The attached Word document contains a  summary of speakers who have
volunteered and their topics.  Please fill  in the gaps by presenting your own work or
by suggesting other speakers with  their topics and contact information.

The attached document also has  the agenda with numbered time slots for the
two days of the conference. As you  make your suggestions, please note your
preferred time to present (topic and  speaker slot number). If you have
suggestions for changes in the agenda  format, please let us know.

Of Special Note:

We  have room for many more posters that can improve our chances of providing
 current information on work with pollinator research and conservation.

We would also like authors to come forward who would be  willing to do a book
signing on Friday.

Also, please check out the  conference website at www.millersriver.net/pollen
The web site contains a  link to the online registration page.

Hotel rooms are being held until  August 15.

Your suggestions are eagerly anticipated!

Please email Sue at cloutier at tiac.net

Thank you,
Sue Cloutier and Shelley Small, Conference  organizers

Laurie Davies Adams
Executive Director
Pollinator Partnership
423 Washington Street, 5th floor
San Francisco, CA  94111
415-362-1137
LDA at pollinator.org

_www.pollinator.org_ (http://www.pollinator.org/)
_www.nappc.org_ (http://www.nappc.org/)

National Pollinator Week is June 22-28, 2009.
Beecome  involved at _www.pollinator.org_ (http://www.pollinator.org/)

Read reviews on AOL Autos.