[Pollinator] FW: SIGN-ON Letter on Food Safety - Amendment Being Opposed Would Reduce Pollinator Habitat. Sign on Due c.o.b. FRIDAY, Feb 1

R. Thomas Van Arsdall tom at vanarsdall.com
Thu Jan 31 12:06:45 PST 2008

TO:	Pollinator Supporters

RE:  Opportunity for ORGANIZATIONS to Sign Group Letter Opposing
House-Backed "Food Safety" Provision that Can force Specialty Crop Producers
to Eliminate Wildlife & Pollinator Habitat

DEADLINE:  Close of Business Friday, February 1 [tomorrow!].  Sorry-As Sara
indicates, the conference process determines turnaround time; and it is up
to us to be timely in response.

TO SIGN ON:  e-mail me at tom at vanarsdall.com or Sara Chieffo, Defenders of
Wildlife, who is coordinating this group effort at  SChieffo at defenders.org.
Feel free to forward to other groups.

Coevolution Institute has agreed to co-sign.

Sentence in highlighted in last paragraph of attached letter points out how
the House-backed provision [opposed by the Senate] adversely affects
pollinators & pollinator habitat:

“Hedgerows, buffers and other types of non-crop vegetation help maintain
populations of pollinators and beneficial insects."

Especially California implications.  Letter & transmittal e-mail below
provide more information.

R. Thomas (Tom) Van Arsdall, Public Affairs Representative for Coevolution
Institute/Pollinator Partnership/NAPPC
For More Information, http://www.pollinator.org

Van Arsdall & Associates
P.O. Box 8512