[Pollinator] Documenting crop pollination research efforts in the U.S.

Mace Vaughan mace at xerces.org
Thu Mar 20 12:41:54 PDT 2008

Hello,

In Xerces' continuing effort to increase support for research, I am
assembling a simple spreadsheet of ongoing or planned research into
crop pollination in the U.S.  Specifically, I would like to document
projects across the country that are studying managed honey or native
bees, or the role/management of adjacent habitat to support this
service in field.

My goal is to demonstrate that a wide variety of crops, bees, and
landscapes are currently being studied and that it is important to
increase funding to support this work.

If you are interested in helping, you can contact me and I will send
you a copy of the spreadsheet for data entry.  Or, you can send me
the following information:  affiliation (and/or primary
investigator), states where work is being conducted, crops, type of
bees studied (e.g. specific native bee, honey bee, various), and very
brief (one sentence) summaries of the projects.

If you want to include more details, such as papers published from
the work or even a paragraph-long abstract, I would appreciate it,
but it is not required.

The spreadsheet already contains a handful of examples to make it as
easy as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
Mace

The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation
Mace Vaughan
Conservation Director, Entomologist/Educator
4828 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Portland, OR  97215-3252 USA
office: 503-232-6639  fax: 503-233-6794  mobile: 503-753-6000
email:  mace at xerces.org

The Xerces Society is an international, nonprofit organization that
protects wildlife
through the conservation of invertebrates and their habitat. To join
the Society,
make a contribution, or read about our work, please visit http://www.xerces.org