[Pollinator] Pollinator Week 2008 is around the corner!

Jennifer Tsang jt at pollinator.org
Mon May 19 15:36:20 PDT 2008

This is a friendly reminder that Pollinator Week 2008 is just around the
corner!

Pollinator Week 2007 was such a HUGE SUCCESS, we decided to keep the
momentum going.  June 22-28, 2008
(http://www.pollinator.org/pollinator_week_2008.htm) has been designated
Pollinator Week 2008.  But we need YOUR help.

Last year, 19 states officially declared Pollinator Week June 24-30, 2007.
This year, we are asking for YOUR HELP to get 100% state participation in
declaring Pollinator Week June 22-28, 2008 in each U.S. state.  Colorado,
Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Maine,
Washington, and Wisconsin have already declared their own state Pollinator
Week June 22-28, 2008.

Most states require that one of their citizens make the request for an
official declaration of a statewide event.  Please take a moment to sign and
mail a letter of support to your governor.  We've included the address for
each state's, a sample letter, and proclamation text at Governor at
http://www.pollinator.org/Governors.htm.

You can also help spread our pro-pollinator message by planning your own
Pollinator Week event in your state.  E-mail Myra Hester at
mh at pollinator.org event details so we can publicize your event on the
Pollinator Partnership website at  <http://www.pollinator.org>
www.pollinator.org.

Your effort will continue to make the momentum of Pollinator Week 2008 a
great success!