[Pollinator] Monarch Watch Open House a Success

Ladadams at aol.com Ladadams at aol.com
Wed Sep 10 11:11:07 PDT 2008

The Open House was like no other. We had at least 1000 people visit
Monarch Watch last Saturday (twice the usual number) and we gave out
over 450 chrysalids to the children in attendance. The weather was
less  than ideal - cloudy with occasional rain and not a one of the
200  butterflies in the Biohouse so much as opened their wings but it
didn't seem  to matter to our visitors. The garden (Monarch Waystation
#1) so carefully  nurtured by Margarete Johnson and her colleagues
among the Douglas County  Master Gardeners, was spectacular. With a
little sun the garden would have  been filled with butterflies as well
as fantastic flowers.

My thanks  to all and especially to the Monarch Watch crew,
particularly Jim Lovett and  Ann Ryan, who made this event  possible.

Chip

http://catherinesherman.wordpress.com/2008/09/08/monarch-watch/

more  photos can be found  at

http://www.monarchwatch.org/openhouse/phpslideshow.php?directory=2008fall
--
Monarch  Watch
monarch at ku.edu
http://www.MonarchWatch.org/
Dplex-L:  send  message "info Dplex-L" to Listproc at ku.edu
1-888-TAGGING (toll-free!) -or-  1-785-864 4441
University of Kansas
1200 Sunnyside Avenue
Lawrence, KS  66045-7534
Create, Conserve and Protect Monarch Habitats

Laurie Davies Adams
Executive  Director
Pollinator Partnership
423 Washington Street, 5th  floor
San Francisco, CA  94111
415-362-1137
LDA at pollinator.org

_www.pollinator.org_ (http://www.pollinator.org/)

_www.nappc.org_ (http://www.nappc.org/)

National Pollinator Week is June 22-28, 2009.
Beecome  involved at _www.pollinator.org_ (http://www.pollinator.org/)