[Pollinator] Hilton Pond 03/15/09 (Signs of Spring)

Research at Hilton Pond research at hiltonpond.org
Mon Apr 6 17:19:26 PDT 2009

The second half of March brought many signs of spring to Hilton Pond
Center, from terminal buds to tender foliage to wildflowers awaiting
pollinators. We also caught a migratory bird more closely aligned with
winter than the vernal equinox. Our latest "This Week at Hilton Pond"
photo essay includes images of this bird and of numerous ways plants
respond to spring's longer, warmer days. As always we include a list of
all birds we banded, but of special interest during the two-week period
was the large number of "old" recaptures that entered our traps.

To view our installment for 15-31 March 2009, please visit
<<http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek090315.html>>

Happy Spring Nature Watching!

BILL
--

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR. Executive Director

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org