[Pollinator] Bee Biologist Position Posting

Ladadams at aol.com Ladadams at aol.com
Wed Feb 11 16:37:17 PST 2009

This comes from Brad Higbee, _BradH at paramountfarming.com_ (mailto:Br
adH at paramountfarming.com) .   Please contact him directly if you are interested.

Bee Biologist Position

This  position will have three major areas of focus (in order of  priority):
    1.  The development of  Osmia   lLignaria (Blue  Orchard Bee) as a
practical pollinator of our almond  orchards.  We  currently have 600,000 female
bees that we will develop  into a  population of about 100 million females, and
the successful candidate  will be responsible for this program, including bee
reproduction,  health,  disease management, parasite management, pollination
strategy,  bee genetics,  and all associated issues.
    2.  Interfacing  with our  current suppliers of up to 80,000 colonies of
honey bees for  almond  pollination.  This will include beekeeper selection,
inspection, and  monitoring to assure optimal colony strength at  bloom.
    3.  Almond  pollination  research.

The successful candidate will have a strong formal education/research
background, and also be comfortable with the practical aspects of  operating within
a top level production-oriented farming organization.  The  position will
report to the president of the company.  Salary and bonus  potential will be
commensurate with qualifications and performance.

Sincerely,

Brad

Bradley  S. Higbee
Research Entomologist
Paramount Farming Co.
33141 E. Lerdo  Hwy.
Bakersfield, Calif., 93308
661-391-3705 (office)
661-301-3225  (cell)
email:  bradh at paramountfarming.com

Laurie Davies Adams
Executive  Director
Pollinator Partnership
423 Washington Street, 5th  floor
San Francisco, CA  94111
415-362-1137
LDA at pollinator.org

_www.pollinator.org_ (http://www.pollinator.org/)

_www.nappc.org_ (http://www.nappc.org/)

National Pollinator Week is June 22-28, 2009.
Beecome  involved at _www.pollinator.org_ (http://www.pollinator.org/)
Awards.  AOL Music takes you there.
(http://music.aol.com/grammys?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000002)