[Pollinator] Beekeeping Ban Letter Request from Dianne DiBlasi

Jennifer Tsang jt at pollinator.org
Mon Jan 12 10:43:25 PST 2009

From: Dianne DiBlasi [mailto:diannediblasi at yahoo.com]

Hello-

I just wanted to tell you about my effort to overturn a beekeeping ban in my
town of Allendale, NJ. For the past 2 years I have kept a hive in a
neighboring town because an Allendale ordinance lists "bees" as "Prohibited
Animals." I am advisor to Team B.E.E.S., a team of 6 high school students
dedicated to educating the community about how vital honeybees are, and the
dangers they face. On February 2 we will address the council at 7:30pm
asking them to 1) remove bees from the list of Prohibited Animals, and 2)
approve guidelines for beekeeping that we have drawn up. I invite people to
write letters to Mayor Vince Barra stating how important it is for Allendale
to take this important step forward.

Please send letters to:

Allendale Boro Hall

500 West Crescent Ave