[Pollinator] Event invitation

Jennifer Tsang jt at pollinator.org
Fri Jul 10 10:36:11 PDT 2009

Dear Pollinator Listserv:

Please contact Jeanne Gural directly at jeanne.gural at cedarrun.org if you are
interested in the below.

Thank you!

  _____

From: Jeanne Gural [mailto:jeanne.gural at cedarrun.org]

Hello,

Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge, located in Medford, NJ, and our partners NJ
Audubon and the NJ Pinelands Commission are hosting our 2nd annual native
plant sale September 12, 2009. This event attracted over 500 people last
year, and we anticipate and even larger crowd this year. In addition to our
partners, we have also invited representatives from four native plant
nurseries to participate, along with a keynote speaker, landscape architects
who utilize native plants and several other appropriate and knowledgeable
groups. We would now like to include a display on native pollinators and the
importance of considering them in our garden practices.  Last year we had a
honey bee display, however, we now believe it even more important to educate
visitors on the importance of the native bees and other pollinators. And we
are looking for someone or some group that can put on an informative and
professional display.

Do you know of a group in New Jersey that can help? I have already contacted
Rutgers University to see if they can send someone, but we are looking for
an interactive display, not simply a speaker. Any ideas?

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Jeanne Gural

Executive Director

Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge