[Pollinator] Summer Solstice & Pollinators

Research at Hilton Pond research at hiltonpond.org
Sun Jun 28 19:48:48 PDT 2009

What better way might there be to spend the longest day of the year
than exploring woods and meadows of the Carolina Piedmont, taking
snapshots of flora and fauna? That's what we did for the recent
Summer Solstice, and we're pleased to share some images in the
current installment of "This Week at Hilton Pond." To view our photo
essay for 15-21 June 2009--complete with info about midsummer
wildflowers, fungi, amphibians, birds, and pollinators, too--visit
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek090615.html .

After reading the essay, be sure to scroll down for a list of all
birds banded or recaptured during the period, plus some info about
the new EarthTrek citizen science initiative that involves
hummingbirds.

Please also note the special $75 discount for our 2010 hummingbird
expeditions to Costa Rica expires on 1 July, so sign up now to take
advantage of this offer.

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR. Executive Director

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org