[Pollinator] Fw: Invasive Species Report - Dolichovespula media (Median wasp)

Elizabeth A Sellers esellers at usgs.gov
Mon Mar 16 08:14:47 PDT 2009

Can anyone suggest information/sources for Saronna's request (below)?
I apologize for any cross-postings.

Cheers, Liz

Elizabeth Sellers
Manager, Pollinators Project <http://pollinators.nbii.gov/>

National Biological Information Infrastructure <www.nbii.gov>
National Program Office
United States Geological Survey
12201 Sunrise Valley Drive, Mail Stop 302
Reston, VA 20192  USA
Ph 703.648.4385 | Fax 703.648.4224 | esellers at usgs.gov

----- Forwarded by Elizabeth A Sellers/BRD/USGS/DOI on 03/16/2009 11:10 AM
-----

From:
saui001 saui001 <saui001 at aucklanduni.ac.nz>
To:
esellers at usgs.gov
Date:
03/15/2009 03:45 PM
Subject:
Invasive Species Report - Dolichovespula media (Median wasp)

Hi,
I'm doing an Invasive Species Report on Dolichovespula media (Median wasp)
for a course at the University of Auckland (BIOSCI 747 - Biosecurity and
Invasion Biology); and wanted to ask you if you or anyone you knew could
help me in gathering information about this species. I'm particularly
interested in their impact as an invasive species or their global
distribution - but any help will be greatly appreciated. If you know of
anyone I should contact, then please let me know.
Thank you for your time,
Saronna