[Pollinator] Senator Boxer's letter to get funding for pollinator research

Sarina Jepsen sarina at xerces.org
Wed May 13 16:00:18 PDT 2009

Last week we sent out a request asking people to contact their senator
in support of a letter by Senator Boxer requesting that the Agriculture
Appropriations Subcommittee allocate $20 million for pollinator research.

With your help, Senator Boxer's letter supporting pollinator research
funding was ultimately signed by 20 senators including Barbara Boxer,
(D-CA), Daniel Akaka (D-HI), Max Baucus (D-MT), Sherrod Brown (D-OH),
Maria Cantwell, (D-WA), Kent Conrad (D-ND), Mike Crapo (R-ID), Russell
Feingold (D-WI), Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY),
Orrin Hatch (R-WY), Tim Johnson (D - SD), Patrick Leahy ((D-VT), Robert
Menendez (D-NJ), Jack Reed (D-RI), James Risch (R-ID), Bernard Sanders
(I-VT), Charles Schumer (D-NY), Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), and Ron Wyden
(D-OR).

Thank for all your help!  We could not have done this without you. To
see a copy of the signed letter go to:
http://www.xerces.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/boxer_pollinator_research_funding_letter.pdf

For more information about Pollinators in the 2008 Farm Bill, go to:
http://www.xerces.org/pollinators-in-the-farm-bill/

*The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation*

The Xerces Society is an international, nonprofit
organization that protects wildlife through the
conservation of invertebrates and their habitat.
To join the Society, make a contribution, or read
about our work, please visit www.xerces.org

Sarina Jepsen
Endangered Species Coordinator
4828 SE Hawthorne Blvd. Portland, OR 97215
tel: 503-232-6639 fax: 503-233-6794
email: sarina at xerces.org