[Pollinator] Pollinator Week is June 21-27, 2010

Jennifer Tsang jt at pollinator.org
Thu Feb 18 16:07:54 PST 2010

Dear All,

Three years ago the U.S. Senate's unanimous approval and designation of the
final week in June as "National Pollinator Week" marked a necessary step
toward addressing the urgent issue of declining pollinator populations.  In
2010 we can continue to build on the tremendous success of this movement.

I am requesting your support in helping to protect pollinating animals, by:

*         Creating pollinator events in your area.  Events range from nature
walks, a pollinated foods potluck, pollinator fundraiser, etc.  Email Sunny
Boyd at sun at pollinator.org with your even details for posting on
http://www.pollinator.org/pollinator_week_2010.htm.

*         Writing your state governor requesting declaration of your own
state Pollinator Week, June 21-27, 2010.  To date, 3 proclamations have been
issued and another 2 are on the way!

Last year 36 states declared their own state Pollinator Week.  With your
help, we hope to reach 100% state participation this year.  Many states
require that one of their citizens request that events such as Pollinator
Week be officially proclaimed. In 2009, 36 states officially declared
Pollinator Week!   Please take a moment to sign and mail the letter
available at http://www.pollinator.org/pollinator_week_2010.htm to your
governor. Your effort is making Pollinator Week 2010 a great success!

Please visit www.pollinator.org <http://www.pollinator.org/>  for more
information about events surrounding Pollinator Week.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Tsang

Pollinator Partnership