[Pollinator] Hilton Pond 01/26/10 (Costa Rica Hummingbirds)

Bill Hilton Jr. (RESEARCH) research at hiltonpond.org
Mon Feb 22 10:00:18 PST 2010

We're especially pleased to announce the latest edition of "This Week at Hilton Pond" for two main reasons: 1) The installment includes a photo essay about our just-completed Ruby-throated Hummingbird expedition to Costa Rica, and 2) This posting marks the Tenth Anniversary of the debut of the Hilton Pond Web site and our "This Week" musings. Little did we know 'way back on Groundhog Day 2000 we would have written and photographed 464 installments, with many more--we hope--still in the pipeline.

Next week we'll offer a portfolio with even more photos of exotic flora, fauna, and habitats seen on our most recent trip--including info about pollinators in a location where ruby-throats spend the OTHER half of the year.

We hope you've enjoyed our natural history offerings over the past decade and invite you to view our latest photo essay, complete with Neotropical images and day-to-day results of our latest Costa Rican hummer banding studies. It's all at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek100126.html

Happy (Tropical) Nature Watching!

BILL

=========

RESEARCH PROGRAM
c/o BILL HILTON JR. Executive Director
(803) 684-5852

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net):
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History at http://www.hiltonpond.org
"Operation RubyThroat: The Hummingbird Project" at http://www.rubythroat.org