[Pollinator] ABC Good Morning America to Feature Link Between Ice Cream and Pollinators July 5

R. Thomas Van Arsdall tom at vanarsdall.com
Fri Jul 2 06:15:09 PDT 2010

ABC’S GOOD MORNING AMERICA TO FEATURE PLIGHT OF POLLINATORS-HONEY BEE ON
JULY 5:

·         Currently scheduled to show as sixth segment, about 7:30 AM
Eastern, on Monday, July 5 (unless bumped by breaking events).  Check your
TV listing for local schedule.

·         Story related to National Ice Cream Month.  “Pollinating” another
story that the public is interested in!

·         Kudos to Häagen-Dazs folks, who convinced ABC Good Morning America
(GMA) producers that the link between honey bees and other pollinators and
the food we eat (in this case ice cream) is a newsworthy story—which it is!

·         GMA camera team filmed at the P2 NPW hill briefing launching the
Congressional Pollinator Protection Campaign (CP2C), and at several other
sites in DC.

·         Will be interesting to see how GMA decides to share the important
message about pollinators and their role in the food we eat with a national
audience!

Tom

R. Thomas (Tom) Van Arsdall, Director of Public Affairs

   Pollinator Partnership

   (703) 509-4746

   tva at pollinator.org

   Pollinator <http://www.pollinator.org/>  Partnership