[Pollinator] Bombus photos

Sheila Colla scolla at yorku.ca
Mon Mar 29 06:42:45 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Paul Williams, Leif Richardson and I are working on species
pages for each of the bumble bees of the eastern US for the Pollinator
Partnership.  We will be providing
natural history information, colour patterns and digital images of each of the
species and this resource will be available online in time for this summer. Currently between the three
of us we are missing live shots from a few species (see below).  If you have any pictures of these you’d like
to provide for this project, we’d be greatly appreciative. Otherwise I fear I may
have to quickly learn the art of posing pinned specimens on flowers!

Bombus fernaldae

Bombus frigidus

Bombus insularis

Bombus sandersoni