[Pollinator] Inspired beekeepers in the USA and Copenhagen

Sabrina Malach sabrinamalach at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 06:08:49 PDT 2010

Here are two inspiring stories to start your day:

1)  http://vimeo.com/16278965

-
2) FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

 To Save Bees 13-Year-Old Tries to Become Paul Newman of Honey

 Henry Miller introduces Stingers™ - a completely different concept
in honey

 DEMING, WA, October 15, 2010 --/WORLD-WIRE/-- It all began when
11-year-old Henry's mother left him alone for just a few minutes
sitting next to a stranger on a plane.

 Henry began a conversation that would change lives. The man was a
local beekeeper and told Henry about bees and the worldwide crisis of
colony collapse disorder. A natural born activist and entrepreneur
Henry decided right then and there to go into business and donate a
portion of his profits to The Foundation for the Preservation of
Honey Bees.

 Henry's parents were skeptical but supportive and soon the family
farm had hives and honey everywhere. More than they knew what to do
with in fact, and so ala "Baby Boom" and Diane Keaton, Henry's mother
started mixing up batches of honey with blends of spices. "Let's face
it, there is just so much honey you can eat in tea and on toast," she
said. "We had to broaden the use of our honey so we came up with
Stingers™ - a line of spicy honey for cooking and barbecuing. You
see, I liked the idea of raw pure honey and no preservatives so this
was perfect, we even put it on ham sandwiches."

 Now Henry and his family sell, The Grumpy Grandpa Blend™ a
combination of raw honey, cayenne pepper and garlic. "It's really
good on apples," Henry exclaims. And Phoebe's Fireball™ a chipotle
and cinnamon combination named after his 10 year-old cousin, who
Henry reveals is "...just a little bit bad."

 At first people were bit confused about how to use the Stingers™
so Henry's mom posted recipes. And Henry filmed a couple of
infomercials in the family kitchen posting them on YouTube. "We put
bee facts on all the labels to try and teach kids more about bees,"
says Henry who writes all the labels himself and is currently working
on adding a section to his website telling kids what they can do to
help the bees.

 "You know we will only last 7 years once the bees are gone, so we've
got to 'Give Bees A Chance.'" Now that really is scary.

 To try Stingers™ or help Henry help the bees go to
www.henryssweetmiraclehoney.com
<http://www.henryssweetmiraclehoney.com/>

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcBaTgnXVGk

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qTG1VB_Ubo&feature=related

 *Contact:* Denise Miller

 Location: Bellingham, WA

 Telephone: 360.592.5408

 Email: honeywithakick at gmail.com <mailto:honeywithakick at gmail.com>

 Website: www.henryssweetmiraclehoney.com
<http://www.henryssweetmiraclehoney.com/>

--
If you do not wish to receive this newswire anymore please click here,
If you want to share ENS news you may forward an edition to someone
http://ens-news.net/lists/?p=forward&uid=c9c163e8135235ef68a250f3a0a91ee4&mid=269